Sunday, May 30, 2010

Cheerio My Good Man, How About Some Anime and Tea?

U.K. Anime?: A handful of animes were just licensed but not but Adult Swim or 4Kids (thank god) but by Beez entertainment which is a branch of Bandai established in the U.K. It is said that Beez will release Durarara!! (yep those two exclamation points are totally necessary...right?), Vampire Knight, Eden of the East, Mobile Suit Gudam 00, Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: A New Translation. In addition it has licensed Baccano! aniume series and has added Outlaw Star to its anime line up. It's good news because countries like the U.K. and the U.S.A. often get screwed in a bad place with sharp objects when it comes to releases and translations.

Fanime Convention Across the Pond: Continuing with our U.K. theme it is confirmed that co-owner of anime studio Gainax (Hiroyuki Yagami) will be having a "more refined" Fanime convention as opposed to Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt. It is said the Project is suppose to be set in the early 1900's England which just leaves me flat out confused. Personally I'll stick to the conventions that feature Narutards like me, as well as Yoko and Misa cosplayers.

Tourism Targeted at Otaku's: Since I love repeating things I'll say it again, the city of Kobe is beginning to target tourism at Oatku's to go to Japan, why they need to do that I haven't a clue. The city of Kobe started airing 4 minutes clips on YouTube promoting tourism. The clip follows a young college student wondering aimlessly around they city and a chicken appears to guide her (I really wish I was making that up) with English subtitles it follows her and the chicken around the city. The short is insanely entertaining and made me want to watch Naruto The Abridged Series for some reason. However if I ever were to visit Kobe all I'm going to be thinking of is giant chickens in Kimonos.

Anime Character of the Day: Yoko from Gurren Lagann
Yoko quote: "What's this little furry thing hiding out in my cleavage?"

No comments:

Post a Comment