Thursday, July 8, 2010

Dead Man Wonderland

*I may have figured out what I am going to do, I will review anime/manga and tell you to buy or skip, let's see if this works!*

Plot Summary: Dead Man Wonderland is a manga about a teenage boy who is falsely accused of slaughtering his entire class instead of the "red man". As he enters the only privately owned and operated prison in Japan with the death sentence on his head, he learns this is no ordinary prison. Struggling to survive, and proving his innocence he learns there is a lot more to Dead Man Wonderland than you'd think.

The good: First of all the artwork was simply incredible, it was stylish and had a distinctive look for anime. I especially like how there's always something going on in the background and foreground creating a very nice look. Second, the story kept me interested, they always introduced some character properly and made sure you knew their personality. My favorite character has to be "The Original Sin" that guy is just BAD ASS without being an asshole.

The bad: I felt the opening was rather...clunky, we get off to a start making it seem like a slice of life anime, but then we are rushed through the trial, accusations and etc. and are dropped into Dead Man Wonderland. I suppose this was done on purpose, so we could get into the main characters shoes, showing how he felt about the whole ordeal. Secondly, some of the happenings in the first volume feel like they have ADD, their in the cafeteria, whoops now their in the race! It felt a little off for me thats all.

Summary: Even though I emphasized greatly on how it felt a clunky at the beginning I do love this manga and I am definitely getting the next volume next chance I get. I think you should check it out and it's most definitely worthy of a buy.

(Rated OT)



No comments:

Post a Comment