Tuesday, July 6, 2010

So Sorry, would you like a cookie?

*Sorry for my lack of posts but with the Holidays and whatnot it's almost impossible to have a few spare minutes*

I like to try something new with my blog. Rather than spending an hour doing research and such, causing me to miss several blogs I will try to do some short segments and such, anime you need to check out, manga you need to check out, great anime character, great moments in anime stuff like that. So let's get cracking

Death Note

"I am righteous!" L/Light Yagami Chapter 2

"I just can't stand when someones cell phone rings when I am talking" L Chapter 11

"I feel like I'm watching a sitcom" Ryuk

Death Note is one of the most interesting and complex manga of ALL time. The plot goes like this: Light Yagami is a high school student on the right track, number one student in Japan. But he's bored, really bored. So when he get his hands on the Death Note (a notebook that kills people) and realizes that he can cure the world of hate he starts to kill. That alone makes me adicted but considering our two main characters (L and Light) it gert even better.

The good: The characters in this series are great each with their own unique personality, and traits. The plot is pure awesome notebook that kills someone? Sign me up. The art style is FANTASTIC it has that realistic/anime looks that's hard to explain. The pacing is excellent although it got just A TAD bumpy at times they always kept the plot moving making sure to keep our interest. Some of my favorite parts our the death note rules, it's really cool how they explain the death note in great detail and at times it fixes some plotholes (though other times it may create a minor one)

The bad: Some of the explanations can get complicated and whilist I followed it all pretty well, most people get lost with the explanations. Another thing I liked less than some other parts (but I still loved) was the first part of the series. Most people stopped reading after L died (it wasn't that bad it was great) I however LOVED Near and Mello even more than L. L got a little to blandish at times for me (though he's still my favorite anime character of all time) and could get a little to eccentric.



No comments:

Post a Comment